Composition and Preparation
Satin Chocolate Velvet Layer Cake
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix 1 minute slow.
- Scrape down and mix 4 minutes on medium speed.
- Scale at 600g for 8" round cakes.
- Bake at 165ºC / 329ºF for approximately 40-45 minutes.
- Let cool down completely before the next step.
Chocolate Glaze With Rum
- In a medium saucepan, whisk corn syrup, rum, and water and bring to a boil and let cook until slightly thickened, about 1 minute.
- Pour into chocolate and let stand until chocolate melts.
- Whisk until smooth. If you notice that it's still thick, add another tablespoon of hot water until the desired viscosity, using between 38°C to 40°C.
- Trim the top of 2 layers of cake and cut them in half ending with 4 thin layers.
- Place one layer of the cake on a cake board with the same size as the cake and brush with Classic Coffee diluted with 15% water.
- Spread a thin layer of Topfil Finest Apricot and top with another layer of cake and repeat.
- Warm Harmony Nappage and brush the whole cake and set it in the freezer for a couple of minutes before glazing the cake.
- Pour the glaze over the cold cake and let the glaze drip completely before transferring to the final cake board or serving plate.