• Preheat oven to 110°C / 225°F and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
• Whip egg whites on medium speed until foamy and begin slowly adding sugar while mixing.
• Continue mixing until the mixture becomes stiff, glossy and the sugar has dissolved (5-8 minutes). Avoid overmixing.
• Combine ginger into lemon juice and vanilla, carefully fold this mix into meringue, and then fold in the cornstarch.
• Using a piping bag fitted with a large star tip, pipe circles (3- 3.5 inches in diameter).
• Bake immediately for 1.5 hours.
• Turn off the oven and continue baking for an additional 30 minutes to obtain a crispy meringue.